Thursday, August 4, 2011

My Anti-Bucket List

If you have any vague awareness of pop culture in the 21st century, you know what a 'bucket list' is. For those of you who prefer the shade of your rock to sunshine of the real world, a bucket list is a list of things you want to do before you die, or 'kick the bucket', if you will. I have a different list. I have created a list of things I want to do before I live. Let me explain. I am a very traditional, and in that regard, unconventional person in that my dream is to be Susie Homemaker. Yes. I am a 24 year old woman in America with no desire to be a career woman. I want to be a soccer mom. No minivan though. Minivans are gross.

Here's the list:
Reach goal weight.
Get bachelor's degree.
Pay off debt.
Become professional blogger.


My dream to be a stay-at-home mom is proving difficult. Credit card debt. Education. Mortgage. Student loans. Home repairs. Cars. No money.

The list contains things that need to happen before my dream can become a reality.

I had this crazy idea to seek out a career I could pursue from home.
I love to write...and I know stuff about things...


What if it's possible?

This is my life before I start living.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment